Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Unwelcome Robber

Enough is enough! 

Shouldn't that be our battle cry against anger?

Enough is enough!

Haven't you taken enough from me? Because of you, I have been robbed of the peace I have come to expect from my friend. You took hold of me last time and made me say words I do not mean anymore and now, I'm not even sure if we're still even friends.

 Enough is enough!

Haven't you taken enough from me? Because of you, I no longer rush home to be with my spouse and kids. What you made me do last time was over the board and now my kids fear me and my spouse is disappointed in me.

Enough is enough!

Haven't you taken enough from me? Because of you, my testimony at work has been shot to pieces! After being so painstaking in my Christian testimony with them this entire time, with just one flick of your fingers, they now look at me askance, with amused, if not disillusioned, eyes. 

Enough is enough!

How can I stand as a leader in my church now! I can't think because my heart is so heavy! I need to get rid of you or else not only will I not able to lead with moral authority anymore, what's more, you could rob me of my joy in my Lord!

Lord, I've had enough. Remind me of your words today - 


But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith
(Galatians 5:22, King James Bible)

Remember this, my dear brothers and sisters: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and should not get angry easily. An angry person doesn't do what God approves of.

(James 1:19-20, God's WORD Translation)


Anger, you unwelcome robber, get out! And by God's grace, stay out.

No comments:

Post a Comment