It's the same thing with Quiet Time. True. Our circumstances change and responsibilities loom ever bigger as we age and start our families. True. We need to love God more but we also should be able to minister to our loved ones, to our work and to our church in such a way that God's name will not be trampled by nay-sayers.
But isn't it also true that once we allow one of these to be reasons to completely stop trying we find ourselves no longer as connected with God and His chosen people?
I dunno about you, but this is true about me. The excuses have been valid enough. My situation in life had changed and, at first, I struggled over the changes. Eventually, I found myself resigned to everything and no longer struggling. With the absence of that struggle, I also, to my deep regret, found myself farther and farther from the peace, contentment and joy primary connection with the Lord and with His people bring.
I miss that struggle.
Lord, like the Bible verse I just read today, I don't want any excuses anymore. I want to go back to greeting the dawn with Your presence in my life.
My heart is steadfast, O God,
my heart is steadfast;
I will sing and make music.
Awake, my soul!
Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.
Psalm 57:7-8
No comments:
Post a Comment