Search This Blog

Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Right Perspective

Take it from an ant's perspective. And draw comfort from that.

I'm actually talking to myself there. Whenever I feel that everything around me isn't making sense anymore, this is what I tell myself, "Take it from an ant's perspective."

Let me explain the context a little more, so you'll get it. Imagine yourself as a tiny ant, among hundreds of ants, in a terrarium, in the care of the most devoted and loyal scientist, whose number one priority is keeping you and your 'people' safe and happy and healthy. In his eyes, we're tiny, with tiny concerns and short lives. But each moment is precious, nonetheless. Because we interact with our scientist from time-to-time, he would appear to be immortal to us. The first batch of us ants - our ancestors, knew him, and then, without any discernible aging on his part, our children get to know him, then our children's children and so on and so forth. What 60 or 70 years is to him, is like 90 days is to us. Or sooner than that, if any of us meet any unfortunate accidents. But us ants would trust him, knowing how constant he is in our lives.

Back to reality. 

The scenario is both true and not-so-true. True because that is really how it would look to tiny beings whose lifespans are so much shorter than their caretaker who is both  big, intelligent and so much older. Not-so-true, because, well, we all know that humans aren't really immortal. We just seem that way, to them.

But God isn't someone who "just seems that way." He really is immortal! All of us can trace our origin to someone. Everything around us can trace their origin to something. But God? Not even He made Himself!

And He loves me with an everlasting love. How mind-boggling! It's no wonder that the Good Book has this to say of Him, "What is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?"

Why indeed? He doesn't need us. But we need Him. And that was enough reason for Him to love us with the most sacrificial of loves. Knowing this, how can I not trust my God!


Just the time I feel
that I've been caught
in the mire of self.
Just the time I feel
my mind's been bought
by worldly wealth.
That's when the breeze begins
to blow, I know
the Spirit's Call.
And all my worldly wanderings
just melt into His Love.

Oh, I want to know You more!
Deep within my soul I want to know You,
Oh, I want to know You.
To feel Your Heart  and know Your Mind,
looking in Your eyes stirs up within me,
cries that says I want to know You
Oh, I want to Know You more.
Oh, I want to know You more.

When my daily deeds
ordinarily lose life and song,
my heart begins to bleed,
sensitivity to Him is gone.
I've run the race but set my own pace
and face a shattered soul,
Now the Gentle Arms to Jesus
warm my hunger to be whole.

And Oh, I want to know You more!
Deep within my soul I want to know You,
Oh, I want to know You.
And I would give my final breath
to know You in Your Death and Resurrection,
Oh, I want to know You more...
Oh, I want to know You more...
Oh, I want to know You more...

No comments:

Post a Comment