Search This Blog

Monday, July 14, 2014

Badge of Pride

On retrospect, how laughable our passions were as children! How demented we seemed, how foolish to carry our hearts on our sleeves, only to have our passions stricken down for "being misplaced" zeal. Remember how our parents would shout after us, "if you poured that same passion for your studies...!" And remember all those mishaps and embarrassments that we got into? Oh, the horror!

But isn't there something that we are missing here? Not everything about those experiences were really all that bad. The choices were ill-informed, to be sure, or even when we were well-informed, we let our being young rule over our heads. But,as adults, we have seemed to equate "becoming sensible" to being passionless as well! There was nothing wrong with the passion back then and there really isn't anything wrong with carrying that same exuberant zeal today! The difference? Let us just choose well what we ought to be passionate about.

How long has it been since I'd worn Jesus as my badge of pride? With that same foolish zeal that I had for Bioman's Peebo and for Sesame Street's Snuffleupagus? How long has it been since my soul had shouted "I just don't care what they say! I'm doing this!" when it came to work that bore the crest of His blood? 

Dear Lord, let my passion for you be that of a child once again, with that same courage and absorption and wholeheartedness. Be, once again, my badge of pride.

Waking up early in a cool dawn
Kneeling and praying to You alone
Worshiping You before Your throne
Seeking Your face 'til in Your presence be drawn

Just to please You is my desire
To offer an aroma of praise You inspire
And though there are times I'm unfaithful to You
Oh Lord remember that I love You
Still my desire is to please You

Lord, I live to serve You
And I'll give You the best in everything I do
Make my whole life obedient and true
Holy and acceptable offering to You


Just to please You is my desire
To offer an aroma of praise You inspire
And though there are times I'm unfaithful to You
Oh Lord remember that I love You
Still my desire is to please You

I'm not so sure but this is an old song by Ms. Joni Villanueva way back when. What is important for me, for now, is that I offer an aroma of praise to my Lord today!


No comments:

Post a Comment