Sometimes it really just is a matter of perspective.
Maybe you find cleaning up the house or your room a bother? But taking in all that clean air, do you find that a bother?
Maybe exercising is a bother? But moving your limbs to lie down, sit up/down, stand up, walk or run--are they bothers?
Maybe you find having to spend time with your ailing aging mother/father a bother, or having to stay up with your kid to help with his homework/project a bother... but the genuine love, respect and gratitude they give you, are they bothersome?
Because, really, it's all a matter of perspective.
The same goes with the simple acts of praying, studying God's Word and fellowshipping. To many of us who live very busy lives, finding the time can be quite the challenge. I count myself among those who find myself stretching the limits just to make time for all three. For that to happen, I have to forego sleep that isn't quite sufficient as it is.
But I bother.
Because just like the psalmist, God's presence in my life is more a necessity to me than the air I breathe. Because just like the Paul and Silas, the evidence of His reality in my life as a testimony to the people I care about is more an essential to me than the vanity kit that most women consider must-haves. Because just like the Bereans, getting to know Him more is more a fundamental basic to me than even the moolah I receive as salary on a regular basis.
My spirit needs His nourishment even more than my body needs its sustenance. He is not a bother to me. As far as I am concerned, He is a necessity I choose to embrace.
Thank You, Lord! I love You!
Disclaimer: This artwork may be protected by copyright. It was taken from http://www.wikiart.org/en/diego-rivera/the-embrace-1923 and is listed as a completed fresco by Diego Rivera.

No comments:
Post a Comment