Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Stay On It

Still another day. And still another battle with myself to "up and at 'em." I'm back to relying on edibles to keep my energy high enough without spilling over to palpitations. For now, both my energy and immune system have been relying on three food staples: fruit snacks, green tea and cayenne-honey-water drinks. For someone who belongs to an environment where these are not only NOT commonplace but usually excluded from one's every-day-life, it's really quite the effort on my part to justify the added expense.

I know. I know. I know. For you guys, these are nothing and you're wondering why it's such a big deal. But considering the fact that I try to make do with a shoestring budget, making those three items daily staples is really pushing the limits and I really, honestly find myself arguing with myself all the time! Wahahahahahaha! Myself arguing with myself! Funny but true.

Anyhoo, I am happy to report that I can still function somehow even if I've had no sleep (at all) last night. I am also happy to report that I am still on the mend (instead of getting worse) despite the fact that the amount of sleep I've been having keeps getting significantly smaller every single day.

Now if I can only talk about zits with the same opening words, "I am happy to report..." Unfortunately, that may take a little while more to happen as I am planning to change brands (yet again) despite my skin already on the brink of finishing its purging phase regarding the skincare products that I am currently using. It's just that, no matter how much I tell myself that I'm okay with traveling to the next, next, next town just to buy them, I find that I really, really, really want to switch to products that are available any time of the day on my way to or from the office. 

But, who knows right?!

All that aside, let's talk about something a wee bit more serious: about staying on course.

STAY ON IT.

That certainly is a very easy thing to say. I recall when I was a teenager and a very new Christian. It was so easy for me (compared to today) to stand in front and preach about "staying on course." It was so easy to declare with conviction that, if we really want to, we can commit to "keeping our eyes on Jesus" for the rest of our lives.

Now I know better. No matter how hard a young person thinks she's/he's had it (and I had my share of shocking hardships back then), keeping the passion and commitment firmly in place still gets more and more challenging as the years go by. Life is, indeed the best teacher in that it, with its persistence, chips away at our arrogance (in whatever form and degree that may be) until we've learned to look kindly at any and all difficulties and differences we may come across.

For now, allow me to still arrogantly declare: "Stay on it!" Philippians 3:13-14 is not an impossibility, just quite a challenge. Why isn't it impossible? Because we won't ever have to walk alone.

So....

Stay on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment